WHEN TO USE 9-1-1
Boyd County 9-1-1 wants the Public to use 9-1-1 to report any incident that requires the assistance of police, fire or medical services.
Examples of such incidents would be:
1. Medical emergency, unconscious person.
3. All crimes in progress or just occurred
4. Motor vehicle accidents
5. To report incidences of burglary, rape, arson, assault, forgery, shoplifting, alarms, disturbances, robbery, shooting, prowler/ peeping tom
6. Auto theft
7. To report a tornado, flooding or any other natural disaster
8. To report a hazardous situation such as a tree down over a roadway, electrical lines down or the smell of natural gas
HOW TO USE 9-1-1
1. Dial 9-1-1
2. Report the nature of you call Police, Fire or Ambulance
3. Give the address where the incident occurred or is happening and directions if needed.
4. Give your name, address and telephone number you are calling from
5. Stay on the line until the Dispatcher tells you it is all right to hang up, additional information may be needed.