Boyd County 9-1-1 prides itself on offering an excellent benefit package to our employees.
- Health/Life insurance fully paid by the agency
- Optional Vision/Dental/Accident or disability insurance
- Kentucky County Employee Retirement System participation
- Direct Deposit to Member’s Choice Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program through KDMC available to employee and family at no cost.
- 80 hours vacation time after 1st Year (maximum 20 days at 20 years)
- 16 hours Personal time after 1st year (maximum 6 days at 20 years)
- 8 paid Holidays per year
- Earn 1 sick day per month of employment (maximum120 days)
- Yearly clothing allowance for uniforms (logo polo shirts/ khaki or black pants)
- Beginning Salary is $11.00 per/hour
- After the Academy training $11.50 per/hour (required within 6 months of employment.
- Further raises are dependent on yearly budget and given with fiscal year in July each year.
Schedules are published well in advance, up to 1 year. Schedule for upcoming year is available in November so vacation sign up can begin. Changes are made to cover vacations, sick leave or loss of employee.